Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for the Best

• Please log in to reply

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
I am planning on purchasing some programs and I am looking for the best. I will list what types of programs I am seeking so that you know. I already have an antivirus (Trend Micro) and antispyware (Spy Sweeper along with Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware and SpywareBlaster).

Registry Cleaner - Tp remove invalid entries and correct entries that are wrong.
Registry Defragmenter - To defragment my registry for performance purposes.
Disk Cleaner - To remove uneeded files, including those that pose a privacy threat.
Defragmenter - To defragment my hard drive for performance purposes.

I know there are free programs that do these functions but I want the best that requires purchasing. Unless a free program (that is not a trial) can do as good, or even better than the programs that can be bought, I don't want it listed. Thank you for your time and energy in helping me.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
TuneUp Utilities 2007 is pretty effective at doing what you're after...and at a very reasonable price.

You should also look at NOD32 for AV if you are after the best.

Malikorx

Malikorx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
TuneUp Utilities can be downloaded as a trial version. Couldn't I just re-download it each time the trial version expires and use the next 30 days? If not, that is fine. Also, are there any other package programs like TuneUp Utilities that are also good? If not, any suggestions for just a single program for each of the procedures I listed?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Tuneup Utilities is a really nice program. I tried it after seeing it here. I am usually against "buying" cleaning programs, but I couldn't resist this one. The program does not expire after 30 days. It has a timer that keeps running and you have to wait to still use it. Its a pain waiting all those seconds and minutes though.
I procrastinated on buying it, then received a coupon offering $10.00 off.

Have you tried CCleaner