Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI-e graphics card suggestion

• Please log in to reply

bluntknife

bluntknife

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
i am looking at buying a new pci-e graphics card but i am not sure which one to buy. i need one that is fairly cheap around £40 and that by 250watt psu can handle.

i would like one that can handle battlefield 2

thanks for your help

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most 250w power supplies will not cut it. I take it this is a branded computer you have - HP, Dell, Compaq, Packard Bell, etc? In which case the best solution (especially if the power supply has the word "Bestec" written on it) is to replace the power supply with one that can supply more power. Even some low-end cards can take a beefy chunk of power just to get going.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Most 250w power supplies will not cut it. I take it this is a branded computer you have - HP, Dell, Compaq, Packard Bell, etc? In which case the best solution (especially if the power supply has the word "Bestec" written on it) is to replace the power supply with one that can supply more power. Even some low-end cards can take a beefy chunk of power just to get going.

i think the only video cards that will run wth a 250w less power supply are regular pci