Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message

• Please log in to reply

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi Guys, first of all, I hope I have put this problem in the correct forum. I keep getting this error message every now and then and it just shuts down what I am working on at that time. Although it mentions Local Services and Internet services, I do not have a clue just where this is to try and fix it. Any advise would be appreciatted, thank you. Here is the message I get :

Windows saved user Home9xxxxxxxxxxxxx\Jimmy registry while an application or service was still running during log off. The memory used by the users registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account. Try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

I am using:

754 socket MB
winxp Home
AMD 64 bit x 3000 CPU
1 1/2 gig 3200 x 400 Ram
6800 Nvidia card
two hard drives, with one partitioned

Advertisements

zirvo

zirvo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
have you tried scanning your computer for unwanted registry or for corrupted files? if not go to the malware forum of this site and download avg anti-spyware, and follow the instructions, after scanning and deleting those infected files, test the software were you using and if the same thing happen or nothing happen and it just wont come out then REINSTALL the software.

or you could just try reinstalling the software first and try it again.

if this solution is not what u thing would help there will be others that can help u
no problem :whistling:

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Thanks Zirvo, I reinstalled the game and all the patches. But still no good. I am running Comodo firewall and Comodo Anti Virus . I have tried turning the firewall off , but no good.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Look at this article. It deals with the problem that you encountered.