Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashing issues with windows XP

• Please log in to reply

nonosma

nonosma

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Recently replaced my video card, I uograded. Got everything up and runnind bu now more often than not I get a blue error screen that says problem with atidvag. I have all the current drivers except for the sigma tel updates. For some reason I can not dl the sigma updates..I get error there as well. Not sure how to fix this problem and any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi nonosma
What is the Error Message on the Blue Screen and can you give some more Information on what Exactly happens and What Model of Graphics Card is the ATI and the Drivers are definitely Updated. let us know.

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

nonosma

nonosma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
It usually happens when I am plazying a game. no matter what game, it could be the sims 2 or solitaire, it will either freeze or go straight to the blue error screen.
It is a error blue screen that says an "error has occurred atidvag;.windows must now shut down and something to the last safe configuration"
When it happens, I have to shut down the comp at the pcu. I can not shut down any other way.

I purchased an ATI Radeon 1300x series video card
I used a driver updater program to help me locate and dl the updated drivers for everything on my comp. The only thing I have issues with is the sound card driver it will not install.

nonosma

nonosma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I really need help with this. I am getting ready to throw away my comp. Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.