Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer problem

• Please log in to reply

THFC

THFC

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
The printer is a Lexmark X1150 all in one, and it recently stopped functioning properly.

The strange thing is that when I print a test page via the toubleshooter it will do so and it prints fine.

The problem is when I print from Word for example, the paper will feed through and the printer sounds as though it is actually printing, but the paper will come out with nothing on it! I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program driving it but the problem still exists, just to confirm, all ink is full!

Any help greatly appreciated,
THFC

Advertisements

GodSpeed005

GodSpeed005

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Does this problem occur when printing from different programs other than Word? (Notepad, Excel, Adobe, etc.) ?

THFC

THFC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks for your reply, the problem DOES occur in those programs

GodSpeed005

GodSpeed005

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
What operating system is being run on the machine you have this printer hooked up to?

THFC

THFC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
System is Windows XP

THFC

THFC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Any ideas on this?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Are you able to use another printer on your system? Are you able to test the Lexmark on someone else's computer?

THFC

THFC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Yes they both work

GodSpeed005

GodSpeed005

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
I'm not sure if you have a driver disc your using or your downloading newest drivers from lexmark's site. Either way, here is a site you can download the most recent drivers for your Lexmark model: http://www.downloadd...rivers/386.html

I have had this problem once in the past (not with a lexmark though) and it was just a driver issue.