Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen STOP 0x0000007B Can't do anything!

• Please log in to reply

Zamoune

Zamoune

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi,
two days ago I decided to completely format my HD and reinstall Windows XP.
So I close the computer, insert the Setup Windows XP sp2 Disk, pressed any key and then when loading is done I get a blue screen with those error codes :

STOP 0x0000007B (0xF8982524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

So from then I decide to try Safe mode, command prompt and last known config, no luck, I always get the same blue screen at each startup just after the loading.
Next step, made a Boot Startup Disk in the Windows Format tool, download the external command FORMAT.COM from another comp, Restart comp with the disk in get to the command prompt then I go with Format c: and I get the error Invalid Drive Specification. I searched the error codes on Internet can be due to boot.ini, Bios, corrputed HD... I've noticed that since I have this computer I always get a BIOS not installed notice at startup but I never got any problem with it. Maybe I need to flash it or any suggestions? If so, how can I do this?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Zamoune, 29 April 2007 - 10:28 PM.

Advertisements

Zamoune

Zamoune

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Aight her eare some update since no one can help yet.

I have tryied to flash my Asus Bios with the file AFLASH.exe from Asus download page.
I get a error saying he cannot flash it. Maybe beacause my BIOS isn't installed. so
I download the BIOS file on Asus but I have no clue what is the format and how to open it.

Here is the file I am downloading from : http://support.asus....SLanguage=en-us

Version 1007 2005/07/14 update
OS All OS
Description K8V SE Deluxe BIOS 1007
Solve keyboard may be no response when cmos checksum bad
Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus....cpusupport.aspx
File Size 442.14 (KBytes)