Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Domain Controller problems

• Please log in to reply

adminguy2008

adminguy2008

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I just installed a secondary domain controller on a 2003 platform and whenever I disconnect the first domain controller the secondary one is not allowing new users to logon. Also, when the new domain is up users are unable to send/receive emails/ or browse the Web.

This new domain is also a DHCP/DNS servers. It does issue IP addresses and whenever users logon to the domain and I can see them under the security/Event Logs.

Basically, when the new domain is up it is not allowing users to do their normal tasks.

Note: Active Directory works fine. Changes on the old or new is quickly replicated between the two domains.

Any suggestions.

Advertisements