Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keeps on restarting

• Please log in to reply

patrick123

patrick123

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone.

This morning i booted up my computer and got a screen saying that

"We apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start succesfully. A recent hardware or software change might have casued this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectidaly, or was automaticaly shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Know Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

Then it gives me a list with 5 options:

Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command promt
Last known good configuration
Start windows normally.

So i clicked start windows normally and after i get past the windows xp screen with the bar with the blue loaders go by, this blue screen flashes really fast and i think it has a bunch of numbers and letter and then the computers resets its self.

So this is my problem. i thaught my my computer was over heating or sumthing so i cleaned the fans, let it cool for a day but i still get this problem.
Now it could be a virus but i really don't know much of computers so im just wondering if anyone can help.

Edited by patrick123, 28 April 2007 - 04:46 PM.

Advertisements

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Patrick123
Welcome To Geeks To Go Can you get the Error Message from the Computer Screen as it can Help Narrow Down the Problem a bit. It can be a Hardware Issue or a Software Issue see if you can get the Information off the Screen and then Post back. Thank You

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

patrick123

patrick123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Its impossible to see the info on thr error screen as it just flashes then restarts again. all i can make out is a bunch of zeros and other numbers

patrick123

patrick123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Someone said something about a blue screen of death aswell.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Patrick123
I know you tried Start windows normally but Have you tried any of the other Options Safe mode see if you can get into Safe Mode if so you could try a System Restore by clicking on Start bar, Accessories, and then System Tools go down to Restore click on Restore my Computer to an Earlier time then click on one of the Bold numbers it may or may not work so Please Post and let me know. By the way did you make any changes to you System before this Happened, like any Hardware or Software so post back later on. Good Luck.

:whistling:Cheyenne 09 :whistling:

Edited by cheyenne 09, 29 April 2007 - 03:10 AM.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Right click My Computer then click Properties. Select the Advanced tab then click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery. Uncheck Automatically restart. Clcik OK> Apply> OK. Now when the error occurs you will get the Blue Screen with the error report. Reply with the complete information shown.