Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is Norton removal tool sufficient to fully remove it?

• Please log in to reply

mediamaverick1

mediamaverick1

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Is the tool on their site enough to FULLY get rid of all traces of the program off your system? I found the following instructions but it's a lot of crap to go through to get if off there:
http://pc1stop.com/P...lth.html#norton

Any input appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start with using search, include hidden and system files, look for Norton and also Symantec

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Whether it is truely enough to get rid of all traces so there is no future problems is the question. In doing some testing,I found that in using the tool, it did not get rid of all traces. I had to manually remove some folders and also search the registry.