Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bizarre AOL IM Issue

• Please log in to reply

EvolvingUtopia

EvolvingUtopia

• Pip
  • 1 posts
About a week ago my idle dimming stopped working on AIM. I unchecked and rechecked the box that controls the setting, and it did nothing. I then tried upgrading to the newest version, and that didn't help. Then I tried uninstalling fully and reinstalling the new version and that didn't work. No matter what I do I can't get the idle dimming to turn back on. It effects ANY SCREENNAME on this computer, not just my own. Anyone who uses this computer does not have idle dimming regardless of what screenname they are on. This is so bizarre. It's not so much that I need idle dimming, but that I can't think of what could POSSIBLY be effecting things across screennames when it's a specific aim setting that each user adjusts. Someone help me before I go insane. I'm open to whatever.

Advertisements