Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

If you know where to get me a T3256 restore dvd i will be greatful

• Please log in to reply

sean_gilmore

sean_gilmore

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i tried installing ubuntu onto my external hd last night.... apparently i clicked something wrogn or it didnt stay clicked because it installed onto my main hd... now i need to restore... but hey i guess my disk is too old or something... cuz it looks like dust has merged with it and it wont work

can someone please tell me they have a copy they can make into an iso and send me (and know of an iso burner i could use running a ubuntu live cd....)

bleh this sucks :whistling:

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
In most cases, a restore CD uses data from a second partition of your main HD. If you've wiped it clean, there is a good change a restore CD won't be able to help you. If you have a copy of the version of Windows you were running, however, you should be able to reinstall the OS using the CD key found on the sticker mounted to your systems case.

Hope this helps,

Magus

sean_gilmore

sean_gilmore

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
its wiped data wise... i think it still has that hidden partition cuz its not shown as the full 160 GB its only like 150 something

so with hope i can get a copy of the cd :whistling:

or ima have to send in 20$ and hope they send the right one (ive read they screw it up a bunch)

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
sean:

A 160 GB HD will usually format to around 150 so I doubt you have a hidden partition (actually, I've never heard of a hidden one). After you format a HD, there's always a little wasted space. The bigger the drive, the bigger the wasted space will be.

Sounds like you'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer. If you have a windows disc, it may be possible to complete an install using the CD key attached to your computers case.

Thanks,

Magus

sean_gilmore

sean_gilmore

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thats what someone on an emachines forum said. now i just need to find the disc :whistling: