Here are the specs I'm planning to get:
- Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
- Intel® Core 2 Duo T7200 (2.0GHz/4MB L2Cache)
- 14.1" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800)
- 128MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7200
- HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + Webcam
- 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- 60GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
- LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer
- Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
- 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- System Recovery DVD w/Windows Vista Home Premium
First question, why can't I just get the Windows Vista Business System Recovery DVD instead of paying HP an extra $70 to install it on the system for me from their factory, they charge the same price for both the DVDs and allow you to select either of them?
Second question, I want to remove the 60GB 5400RPM hard drive and instead replace it with a separately puchased 60GB 7200RPM hard drive & sell the 5400RPM hard drive on ebay to get that little bit of income, bad idea?
Third questionm, I want to replace the 128MB graphics card with a separately purchased 256MB or 512MB graphics card, will this be ok? Vista itself recommends a 256MB graphics card so forget getting it for games even, lets say just say the upgrade is to get the optimum performance out of Vista. There are a lot of complications with graphics cards I think. The length of the graphics card and stuff have to be appropriate. If it is a possibility, where can I buy a graphics card for the laptop? Newegg.com doesn't seem to have any graphics card saying its made for a "laptop" so ya. As far as the screen is concernced, I have no problem playing games on a 14.1 as opposed to a 15.4 or 17. Have seen the Dell XPS 12.1" but that is way too costly right now & kind of don't like Dell.
First question is just ouf of curiousity. The other two, will they most probably kill my laptop cause I'm really goin into a little too much of an upgrade or should it be fine and my laptop will work a lot better and it would be safe to go ahead with all of this? HP doesn't offer the upgrades themselves online that's why I need/want to upgrade myself. Any kind of suggestioins are welcome.
Edited by manu08, 29 April 2007 - 01:55 PM.