Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HD 1080p support for PC to LCD

• Please log in to reply

DistuRbed?

DistuRbed?

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
i just bought a new 27" LCD TV (ACER AT2720B) and it says it supports HDTV so i connected my PC to the TV using the DVI to HDMI cable from my 7800gt(DVI connection) and i got a decent picture but i am wanting to display it in either 780p or 1080i but in the nVidia control panel it only allows for either non-HDTV format or 480p-EDTV so i tried the 480p and its [bleep] everything is massive and only like half the desktop fits on the screen so i went back to non-HDTV but would really like to enable 1080i i think the problem might lie within the fact that i'm running windows vista and the current drivers are crap and have lots of bugs etc but am not sure so please help :whistling:

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Are you getting a HDTV source?
James

Edited by james_8970, 29 April 2007 - 09:27 PM.

The Zig

The Zig

• Pip
  • 4 posts
For additional nvidia settings in vista the only thing that I have found that works is the latest version of nTune, I am not excatly sure if this will help you but it does do a good job of giving you more control over your card. Especially in the overclocking dept, but be careful I have found that things can become unstable really fast in vista!