Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Search Screens Randomly Opening

• Please log in to reply

snewberry

snewberry

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi There

I have two similar issues with my pc. Firstly,at intermittant times I will get numerous MS Search windows opening up. Once it starts it usually keeps going for quite awhile. By keeping going I mean if I close the windows they just open back up again. This occurs regardless of being connected to internet or not and regardless of what program I am using. It is very frustrating. I have attached a screen shot.

The second issue occurs only while connected to the internet. With this one a Google search frame opens up on the left hand side of my screen. If I click out of it to right in the main portion of the screen, it automatically takes the focus back after a key stroke or two. Sometimes, to make things even more annoying the frame will open and close itself, so my eyes are constantly adjusting to where things are on the screen. I have attached a screen shot of this as well.

I have run these issues through the malaware forumn, gone right through and cleaned up my pc, see the "Multiple Search Windows, Slow pc, qw when I hit w" topic.

They are both incredibly frustrating, hopefully you can help me.

Cheers
snewberry

Attached Files

Advertisements