Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with scans and updates

• Please log in to reply

knowslittle

knowslittle

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have BitDefender V10 security, I think I have a problem with a virus, but not sure.

This is what a scan looks like (no matter what type, path, etc..)
It starts out
<System>
Then,
<System>=>C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE (memory dump)
Then, same as above except now it says (disk) rather than memory dump, then again,
Same command only it ends with (full dump)
Now we go to:

<System>=>C:\Program Files\Lexmark 1200 etc….(memory dump)
ditto (disk)
ditto (full dump)

This continues through Program Files which are:
Lexmark files (only 1) then through the Softwin program files
All the bdmcon.exe, bdagent.exe files….same as above, memory dump, disk, full dump, stays in program files through Peoplepc isp6300 browser bartshell etc…
Down to Lexmark (3 files) same 3 commands again, then

The path gets weird….rather than program files is goes:

<System>=>C:\PROGRA~1\PeoplePC\ISP6300\Browser\PPShares.exe (memory dump) (disk) (full dump)
3 commands for the Yahoo files
<System>=>C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~ymsgr_tray.exe (memory dump) (disk) (full dump)
Then back to more of the first path (looks like it is actually in Program Files) which goes:

<System>=>C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\ISP6300\Browser\Bartshel.exe (memory dump)
duplicate command only it ends with (disk)
Duplicate commang only it ends with (full dump)

This repeat pattern continues through Internet Explorer with memory dump, disk , full dump,

Then more weirdness:
<System>=>C:\PROGRAM~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdlite.exe (memory dump)
ditto (disk)
ditto (full dump)

see how the caps change then the path caps change

Til we get to
<System>
<System>=>C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ and any cookies.txt I had recently accepted which will vary – then, after the cookies have been scanned, it goes to

C:\=>Master Boot Record
C:\=>Primary partition 1 (Active)

Then it says : Scanning complete….everythings’ fine….but it really scanned not much…

Also, I tried to do an update, and as the files were coming in, it all starts out as BitDefender files, these weird ones are coming in, too...
Httpgf180.tmp
System Volume Information Catalog.wci\CiP10000.001
then more Bitdefende files
then System32\testscript.tmp

I thought all my Bitdefender files were supposed to go to Program Files but I see the path goes:
Bitdefender\program files\common files\
I'm sorry, very frustrated...trying to work with the BD people and I am having some difficulties..
Anybody have a clue what might be going on here.
When I completely uninstalled BD using the tools and downloaded online, right before install there was a message saying it couldn't because there was a .dmp file in the Softwin folder, so I went there, deleted, and the install finished.....how does that happen?

Can anyone identify what is going on so I can get my scans? Appreciate any help....

Advertisements