Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

computer slows every approx 20mins

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey. I have a problem that is really bugging me. I switched my geforce 6600 with a geforce 5600 and the problems began here because when i uninstalled the display drivers and re-installed them, nothing would be displayed on the monitor. To fix this problem, i removed the SMBUS driver but when i did so, another problem occured; every approximately 20mins, the hardisk becomes incredibly busy for about 2mins and it is nearly to impossible to use the pc in those 2 mins. When this happens, i checked the processes and the system idle process is @99%. Then, i re-switched the video card, i uninstalled and re-installed again the display drivers and thought that the problem would disappear since it happened when i switched the video card but it didn't

I tried a lot of things, I checked for spyware using spyware search and destroy, i optimized the pc using advanced system optimizer but the problem would not go. PLEASE, help me cause its drivin me nutts.