Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

serial number

• Please log in to reply

me_jennyjoy

me_jennyjoy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been trying to put in the serial numbers for a couple of games I bought. I installed them on my desktop without any problems. I also have a laptop but when I installed them on it the serial number are not accepted would you please tell me why and how to get them working.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Most likely the game connects with the server and registers the serial numbers in use from the desktop and rejects it from any other PC

me_jennyjoy

me_jennyjoy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have bought the game and it can be put on 5 times. I have just put it on another laptop and it has accepted the numbers and the game plays full version. Why on some newer xp computers won't the number be accepted?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I expect the game site support would give you the best answer

You could compare settings for each PC but that would take a while

me_jennyjoy

me_jennyjoy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
do you know where the serial numbers are saved in C drive? the tec help said to find them. He could not tell me where they are ... Now that's a big help.!!