Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple Problems

• Please log in to reply

ShyGuy

ShyGuy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
It's been around a month, and I've been having multiple problems. From games, to web browsers, to installers. I don't have a clue what might be the problem. I read somewhere that windows update may be the problem. I did have some installed, updates were required for Zune software. I think I left it on auto update when I went to bed the night I did that.

Anyway, I yet again, have no idea what to do, and I came here again to see if the updates may be the problem, or if you think it is another problem. Once again I ask for your help, If you can possibly do so.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi ShyGuy...

Would you enlighten us as to what the actual problems are? Without knowing what the machine is doing, it's kinda hard to troubleshoot.

wannabe1

ShyGuy

ShyGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well... My first problem I encountered was with my Internet Explorer. It randomly closes after a short period of time. I also experienced this with software that used IE. Then shortly I got an error that I posted here: http://www.geekstogo...s...=155599&hl= although Keith helped me out there. I would get that pop up every now and then. But not anymore.

Next came this: http://www.geekstogo...s...=155606&hl=, from a game I wanted to play(Oops, I forgot to reply to that topic). Anyway, I was unable to find any solution to that problem.
I have no clue what this is but when I was getting that problem I was going to get screen shots of the errors I got from the game, and I noticed that everything but windows media player was missing in Start>All Programs>Accessories>Entertainment.

Then came my latest problem which I posted a couple hours ago. http://www.geekstogo...s...=157048&hl= InstallShield wont work for some odd reason, I read that this error is common and could have many different things causing it. I have tried to fix this but all the solutions I tried failed.

I also have many problems with games. Steam, the one I am most frustrated about, closes after a short period of time. Patchers for games give me weird errors in a different language. (Only thing I could read is ntdll.dll) Some games I cannot run.
And I tried installing photoshop, I got another error that said Windows might be corrupt or files may be corrupt, or windows may not have been installed properly. I don't remember this one too much.

So yeah... Theres more problems, I just forgot about them and gave up on trying to solve them.
Sorry, theres not much more to explain but that, or... I don't know what to explain, besides those problems, my computers been running pretty smoothly. No viruses, adware, spyware, trojans, nothing.