Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

here4search - fix

• Please log in to reply

gmpotu

gmpotu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not one of the "experts" however I too had the here4search bug and found this online which helped me solve the problem almost instantly

https://www3.ca.com/....aspx?cid=40068

Download, install and run this virus software.
Then in safe mode turn on the ability to see all system and hidden files.
Open My computer then the drive the most of your stuff is on (usually C:\)
You will probably see a file called "Submit!" open that file and the virus program should almost instantly wipeout the 2 files contained inside.

Now delete the folder all together
next - run hijack this and put checks by the BHO file, the appint.dll.dll.dll.... blah blah blah file and the here4searcg junk - click fix

then run registrar light and make sure window appint file is back to normal

all you have to do now is open IE and set your home page back to what u want it to be and you should be good to go.

--Again I am not a pro by any means, if an expert could test this and make the needed adjustments that'd be great.-- also please e-mail me if I'm missing anything, [email protected]

This worked for me though and solved the problem fairly fast

Advertisements