Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

moniter settings greyed out?

• Please log in to reply

risky rick

risky rick

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've just bought a moniter (the L150 IBM thinkvision 15" lcd) for my pc and I'm having some difficulty with it.

The recommended resolution for this moniter is 1024 x 768.
It will only let me view the desktop at the lowest screen resolution (800 x 600), and I don't like it, the images are sort of big and sort of blurred. Any other resolution and I get the 'input signal out of range' box.
whats more, the pc will not let me update the driver to fix this problem.

I right click the desktop > go to properties > click settings tab > click advanced > click the moniter tab > then I'm supposed to press 'properties' under moniter type, but this button is greyed out; restricting me from updating the driver.

Also underneath this, the only option under 'screen refresh rate' is 'use hardware default setting'.

Does anybody know a way around this problem?

(Windows XP sp2
3.0 ghz pentium 4
512 ram,
100gb hard drive)

Edited by risky rick, 30 April 2007 - 10:42 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
the resolution settings are actually under the settings tab in the properties of your desktop...this is actually a setting for your graphics card not the monitor...

right click my computer, choose manage , then device manager....do you see any yellow ? or !

risky rick

risky rick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yes I do see the yellow exclamation mark!
genius! now I have an angle to update the driver.
All I got to do now is get my hands on installation files.
I'll let you know if I have it working,
thanks!