Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE totally messed up

• Please log in to reply

syb388

syb388

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Hi,
I was using IE 7and it was acting really weird. When I had multiple tabs or windows open IE would crash and I would lose all right click functionality in windows, programs would stop working I would open task manager and the iexplorer process would still be taking up a lot of cpu (even though the program was already closed) sometimes even task manager wouldn’t work and then I would have to shut down.
I uninstalled IE 7 and went back to IE 6 now I can’t open multiple windows (when I try 2 windows open and none work) and when I exit I get this error message

acrobat iehelper: iexplorer.exe - application error
the instruction at "0x01001ea8" refrenced memory at "0x01001ea8".
the memory could not be "read"
click ok to terminate the program

If anybody can help I’d really appreciate it, I’m using the built in browser in real player to post this, that should say something about how desperate I am :whistling: .
Thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Forget IE. Firefox or Opera are quicker, both have tabbed pages. Both usually less hassle than IE, and certainly safer from attack.
My preference is Opera. Best switch I ever made.

Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com

Opera: http://www.opera.com

Edited by pip22, 02 May 2007 - 01:13 PM.

syb388

syb388

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Thanks, but I already got IE working, I disabled all add-ons. I couldn't figure out which was causing problems as the problems persisted if any was enabled so for now all are disabled.
I think I will take your advice and switch I just haven't decided which. Maybe I should take a poll see which is people's favorite browser and why. Can i do that?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
You could but in the end it will just come down to your preference. Your best bet will be to try them both.