Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't sign in to my Email account.

• Please log in to reply

Silent Xenocide

Silent Xenocide

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Every time I try to sign in to Windows Live Messenger or Hotmail, I can't. It gives me an error 80048823. This has been happening since last night. I know I am typing my email and password correctly. So I tried to reset my password by sending it to my alternate email account, at gmail, only to find I can't sign in there either, apparently my password is wrong. Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This error has a definition of "could not sign you in because the sign in name you entered does not exist or your password is incorrect".

Problems often occur at this junction because typists are inadvertedly pressing Caps Lock while typing or fly across the keyboard too fast unaware that the wrong keys are being typed. Alternatively issues may occur at provider level, especially if they've only just started.

Silent Xenocide

Silent Xenocide

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

This error has a definition of "could not sign you in because the sign in name you entered does not exist or your password is incorrect".

Problems often occur at this junction because typists are inadvertedly pressing Caps Lock while typing or fly across the keyboard too fast unaware that the wrong keys are being typed. Alternatively issues may occur at provider level, especially if they've only just started.

Been using the email for about 6 years. Pretty sure caps lock isn't on... I also tried signing in on another comp and it wouldn't work.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
In which case its a problem with your account or temporary problem with your account and you should email Microsoft about it. Unfortunately not a lot more anybody can suggest I'm afraid.