Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

KLep KiLLz

KLep KiLLz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
everytime i double click a folder, it takes me to some kind of file search. i've tried going through Mouse Properties but no luck. whenever i right click on a file the box comes up but it give me the option to "Search" and "install" then "Open" and so on. i got this problem because i did the stupid thing of changing the text of some of those options and typed "install" myself. does anyone know how i can delete "Search" and "install"? i'm tired of right clicking a file then scrolling down to "Open".... i need my double click back

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi KLep KiLLz...

Have a look in Folder Options (from Control Panel). Under the "General" tab, is the button next to "Double-click to open an item (single-click to select)" selected?

Have you tried a System Restore to a date before you "messed" with the settings?

wannabe1

KLep KiLLz

KLep KiLLz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no, the folders tab idea didn't work. a person once told me that it was simple to change what i did. u see, i tried to install a program a few months ago, it told me to add one of the names as i stated earlier. i THINK i had to go through control panel and screw with a folder. i wish i can find that program again so i can figure out how i did it. i would like to try a system restore but i have so much stuff on this computer that i can't gamble on losing it. plus, i don't think i have any saved dates on it. like someone told me, its a simple thing to change. by the way, thanks for getting back at me