Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't access recovery console

• Please log in to reply

genyus

genyus

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My computer doesn't accept recovery console :whistling: . It says something about corrupt registry ...

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Are you trying to install Recovery Console unsuccessfully? Please be more specific about what you are trying to do and what error message you get.

genyus

genyus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No . My computer was turned off in the morning and in the evening when I tried to turn it on ... :
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Then I tried to repair it and to get to recovery console and it says something about the registry that they are corrupted .

Thanx !

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Do you have xp installation cd, or can you borrow one?

To reach Recovery Console insert the disk into the cd drive and reboot the computer. Setup Windows screen will show up. If it doesn't, enter BIOS and set the cd drive to be first priority boot device.

Let Setup run until three setup options are shown. Choose Recovery Console by pressing R. When asked for XP installation type 1 (assuming you have only one operating system installed). When asked for password type your password or press Enter if you don't have a passwoed. A black DOS-like screen will show up. Type the necessary commands at the prompt.

Use this link to see what commands are required.

Edited by The Skeptic, 03 May 2007 - 06:43 AM.

genyus

genyus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I said that when I tried to reach "recovery console" from windows CD it said that the registry are corrupt and it restarts ...

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Registry is a feature of the windows already installed. When you boot with xp cd, like I wrote before, the registry is not involved, you bypass everything that is related to the original installation. . Read carefully what I wrote. If you don't understand something please ask.

genyus

genyus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
When you try to use recovery console it asks you to select the operating system . When I select the operating system ... the registry are corrupt ...

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
1: Could you write down the error in more details?

2: Consider a repair installation of xp. A link in my signature will guide you to detailed instructions.

genyus

genyus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I will make a picture to post here .
The problem is that I cannot do repair until I solve the problem with the registry ...