Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google

• Please log in to reply

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
You know in Google when you want to search something. For example "dog" and when you type the "d" it comes up with everything you ever typed or searched like "doors" or anything else with "d". It also if you just click in the search box and type nothing it shows everything you typed from A - Z, How do I:

1. Make it stop saving my searches.
2. Erase what I searched already.

Posted Image

Thank you,

Steven

Edited by Steve Soleimani, 02 May 2007 - 01:47 PM.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi Steven.

Have you installed anything from Google (like that desktop search thing)?

If not, then it may be Internet Explorer's AutoComplete. Look at this link for information on turning it off.

Edited by LindaGail, 02 May 2007 - 01:56 PM.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Nope I havn't installed anything with Google. But im using Firefox and Google toolbar. (Also a minor annoying problem, whenever you or someone replys to my topic I dont get a email saying someone did, even though that oiption is checked off)

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Okay, then check out this link that explains how to clear and turn off AutoComplete in Firefox.

Regarding your email notifications: do you get any email notifications at all?

To check the settings: Please click on My Controls (upper right of the screen), then Email Settings (bottom left). Confirm that Email Notification by Default is checked and that Immediate Email Notification is in the drop-down box. Then click Change Email Address and confirm the address is correct.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Thanks it worked, and regarding the email notifications, I went to my hotmail "marked as unsafe mail senders" and for some reason geekstogo was there and i removed it and then I got a notification that you replied. Yay.

Thank you,

Steven

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Glad to help :whistling: