Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to use task bar

• Please log in to reply

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I know this is a dumb question...but, how do you move a program access down to your task bar. I currently have a desktop shortcut on my screen for a program and I would like to move it to my task bar at the bottom right of my screen.

Thanks,
Tim

Advertisements

Anthony:-P

Anthony:-P

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi Tim,

You can simply drag and drop the icon from your desktop just to the left of the Icons on the task bar.

Regards,
Anthony

Edited by Anthony:-P, 02 May 2007 - 05:21 PM.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi tennistm.

You can drag shortcuts from your desktop to the QuickLaunch toolbar, which normally falls next to the Start button.

In Windows XP, you can create "Custom" toolbars to hold and organize additional shortcuts. To create a custom toolbar, right click the Taskbar, Toolbars, New Toolbar. Browse to a location on your hard drive and make a new folder (like, Custom). Open the new folder and drag in the shortcuts you want. You can also make sub-folders inside it to organize the shortcuts even further.

Does this answer your question?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Your quick launch (program shortcuts go on the left side. Auto start are on the right. If you do not have any programs there now, quick launch may not be active. Right click on taskbar/ go to toolbar/ check quick launch.
Then click and drag the shortcut to the quick launch area.