Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SCRIPT ERROR

• Please log in to reply

deb306

deb306

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Wondering if anyone can tell me what's the best program to fix Script Errors. I've read that the top three (3) prgrams are: Registry Fix, RegCure, and Error Nuker, and none of them are free to have. Can someone tell me if there are any FREE prgrams I can download and get the same results as the ones mentioned above.

Also, I download Registry Fix and ran it, told me that I had 271 problems on my PC and 138 of them are directly in my Registry.

Thank you 4 your help !!!

Debra
:whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you see a message whilst browsing with IE which says something like "script errors on page", this refers to errors on that page (errors made by whoever constructed the website), and does not mean you have errors in your computer files or in your Registry. You cannot correct such errors. Only the person who has editing access to that web page can correct them. If these messages annoy you, you can "switch them off" like this:

Open IE
Go to "Tools->Internet Options"
Click the "Advanced" tab
Near the top you'll see an option to "Display a notification about every script error"
That option should be UNTICKED
Now click 'OK' to save the changes
Restart IE.

As regards Registry-cleaning utilities, I cannot recommend any of them. I've seen countless posts from people who have used them only to have more problems than they started with, often requiring a full re-install of Windows after a so called 'safe' registry cleaner has removed vital entries. Don't get paranoid about registry errors --- leave well alone unless something in there is really causing a major headache.

deb306

deb306

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
PIP;

Thanks a mill, advice WELL taken. Another thing PIP, would you be so kind and look at my post under the HJT forum, the title of my post is TROJAN FOUND and see what you can do, I would like to get rid of this bug if at all possible. The programs that I'm running are Spybot, Ad-aware and AVG. Ad-aware was the program that caught the trojan, and AVG put it in their Vault and I dont see anything unsual happening to my system, well anything thats not already happening. My operating system is ME.

Yesterday I tried to find my post and could not, I must be pages down by now.

Debra
:whistling:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You can always find all your posts by doing a search under your username or, for your own username and for others, just mouseover and click the down arrow for yours/theirs username to get the drop down menu.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 03 May 2007 - 10:20 AM.

deb306

deb306

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Major, thanks for your help, it worked ....

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. Had to find my own a few times before, too. :whistling:

Ron