Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Safe Disc

• Please log in to reply

Mr. Stuff

Mr. Stuff

• Pip
  • 4 posts
A couple of my games just suddenly quit working after working fine the day before. In the error report they generate SafeDisc is mentioned. I can't find that I have that program on my computer. I uninstalled the games and reinstalled one of them - that worked. However, when I click to play the game, I get the error message. Could it just be the game disc? All of this happened after I installed a new game which, without asking or informing me in advance, also installed the very nasty SecureRom. After an acrid email battle they told me how to remove it while claiming it doesn't cause any problems anyway. But since that time these two games won't work at all and my newer Mad Max 16dvd 9A4 won't play any of the games. Movies work, and music - not games. Is it connected to SafeDisc, or bad disc, or ??? Any help is appreciated since these are old games and the only two I play for downtime. I don't know that I can replace them.

Advertisements