Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Reboots.

• Please log in to reply

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You can change in the BIOS from Auto to Manual and set the ram to 15. See it it makes any difference. If it doesn't, set it back to Auto.

Advertisements

MatCon5

MatCon5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I got all the specs of my RAM, and set everything manually in the BIOS. Will do some gaming shortly and see if I get any random reboots.

I also found this while looking at my mainboard specs

"Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR2 voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability."

Thanks for all the help so far.

EDIT-
After changing The timings to 5-5-5-15, setting the voltage down to V1.8, and frequency to 667 manually. I've played Oblivion for a while and I did not encounter a reboot. So perhaps that was my problem.. But I guess only time will tell.

Edited by MatCon5, 07 May 2007 - 11:40 AM.

audiovoid

audiovoid

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have been having a very similar problem.
My reboots happen mostly (but are not limited to) playing games. And even with the "Automatically Restart" setting disabled in system prefs.
I created a new thread just for this topic so I don't thread jack.

http://www.geekstogo...es-t169355.html

Sorry that this is not an answer to your problem but hopefully some of the similarities could help for troubleshooting.

Attached Files

Edited by audiovoid, 30 August 2007 - 08:42 PM.