Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hard Drive Problems!

• Please log in to reply

seedless

seedless

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hey guys I got some hardware problems I need help with, I just formatted my hard drive it's a 80 gig western digital hard drive with two partitions one for the os and one for storage, I also have two hard drives I use for storage both 200 gig maxter hard drives one of them IDE and one Sata. After i formatted my 80 gig western and reinstalled the os, I noticed my sata drive didn't want to show up neither did my IDE drive, I can only see the drive letter for my IDE hard drive when I click on it only gives me the option to format it how can I get it to show all my files and also why is my sata drive not showing up, I already checked the manage and none of the drives show up any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have windows XP pro

1. 80 gig western digital hard drive for os

and 2 maxtor 200 gig one ide one sata drives.

Advertisements

seedless

seedless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Ok so i figured out why my sata drive was not showing up, I didn't have the raid drivers installed, so i now i just need to find out why my IDE 200gig drive isn't working it shows up as not formatted so i don't want to format it and lose all my stuff so what should i do guys?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Look at this link to learn how to install and troubleshoot ATA Maxtor (now Seagate) hard drives.