Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox Lost Context Menu

• Please log in to reply

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Firefox is compactable with Onspeed accelerator so Onspeed say, but since I upgraded to FF2.0.0.3 I have lost the ability to right click an image and " show original image/s "

This feature still works in IE, here is the key.
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show Original Image - res://C:\Program Files\ONSPEED\gui_resource.dll/328

I have tried reinstalling Onspeed a couple of times but it has not brought this feature back.

There is defiantly something going on here, but in the meantime can you suggest a way I can manually insert this feature so it works.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Tried finding more info, as you probably did, at Onspeed.com to no avail. FF does have a lot of very good image extensions you could add to it that has this feature and more. If you already have extentions added to FF, double check in Tools/Add-ons. See if any were disabled because of your upgrade to latest FF. In fact, you should have the box checked to warn you if updates to FF may disable any of your add ons. Found in Tools/Options/Advanced/Update tab. Remember, updates to FF are mostly security updates so I wouldn't recommend trying to install old version should you still have it.

Ron

hary

hary

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
There is an extension "show image" which might have done this but it doesn't work. I have no other extensions/addons.

The right click feature should be installed by the Onspeed program, but something is stopping it. Funny this has only happened since v2.0.0.3

Everything is just fine with IE where these entries are in the registry. The best guess so far as to where they are in FF is: C\program files\mozilla firefox\chrome\browser.jar\content\browser

Where browser.jar is opened with notepad and is complicated, I can't see any of these in there
: view image, copy image, send image, so it may not even be the right place.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The "Show Image" seems to be out dated for FF version 2 (Show Image). There doesn't seem to be an update for this version yet, but you might find one on the author's own site. There is a Show Picture 0.5 extension. This one is nice: Backgroundimage Saver 0.1.2. Another: Save Image in Folder 1.1.2 Homepage.

All of these are compatible with latest version of FF. There are more available. Just go to Mozill's page and search "image".

I don't know about the Onspeed program and don't understand how it would affect any right-click function for FF or any browser. If it was set by group policy (and I don't know if that's possible), it would affect everything. Example:

User configuration|Administrative Templates|Windows Components|Windows Explorer|Remove Windows Explorer's default context menu

Let me know if installing a compatible extension for FF does it for you.

Ron