Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 closes down when loading certain pages

• Please log in to reply

shaft121

shaft121

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I recently purchased a copy of the Alternate Reality game 'In Memoriam'. The game requires you access certain websites to look for clues, etc

However, every time I try to access a page, a window pops up saying that IE7 has to close as it has received an error. After googling the potential problem, I'm guessing it's to do with the Shockwave compatability issues that IE7 has, but no-one seems to be noting that their IE7 shuts down completely.

One such page is http://www.xineph.com , another is the 'download' on http://www.fe256.net.../analyseur.html

It's getting to be quite annoying, not only affecting this game but also other pages with Shockwave files (including the official Adobe Shockwave download page) are unaccessible.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem? Would it be more sensible for me to use a different browser? I'd prefer a solution other that that if possible though.

Thanks in advance :whistling:

BTW, I am using a Win XP SP2 PC. Ty.

Edited by shaft121, 04 May 2007 - 08:51 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
There are three solutions -- revert to IE6 or use Firefox or Opera. I chose to revert to IE6 (but I don't use that either) and installed Opera 'cos it opens pages quicker than either IE or Firefox. Never regretted it.