Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft lag issues

• Please log in to reply

Ben Garman

Ben Garman

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Lo guys, wondering if you could help me out.

I play that game WoW, and very recently (last few days) my internet connection just keeps dropping and lagging me up. Its not the servers as friends aren't complaining, and its not my computers spec (although you can judge that for yourself) and i think it might have something to do with the installation of The Burning Crusade (the WoW expansion).

Symptoms are as follows:

I log on usually swiftly, i play my character for a minute or two and then suddenly everything stops, the text i have been writing in chat doesn't appear, spells aren't cast etc., and then if i sit it out and don't get impatient, it eventually tells me "you have been disconnected from server" at which point i discover that my entire internet connection has dropped and is having to reconnect, not just my WoW connection. This never happens when i am just surfing or even when i am downloading or streaming, so it is WoW related i am sure. Is it possible that my wireless adaptor is overheating and can't cope with the usage?

Any ideas why its dropping and if there's anything i can do to stop it? Also, whats the difference between a wireless card and a usb wireless adapter other than the obvious visual difference? I'm thinking of replacing my WG111v2 Netgear USB adaptor in case it just can't cope with the usage i am giving it playing WoW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm finding this very frustrating,

My spec is:

Dell Desktop E520
MS XP Professional SP 2
nVidia GForce 7300 LE (is it worth upgrading this to 7600 GT?)
Intel Core Duo 1.86Ghz
2GB RAM

My router is NETGEAR DG834Gv3

Many thanks in advance

Ben

Edited by Ben Garman, 05 May 2007 - 06:17 AM.

Advertisements

Elspartan

Elspartan

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yea i think it is the Crusade Dwonload, becuase i also downloaded crusades and lagged alot, i just uninstalled an reinstalled and its working great. u should try to reinstall.

Spartan

Ben Garman

Ben Garman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
great, thanks! i'll give it a go when demo time runs out...although its a bit of a pain because i'll need to redownload all the patches :whistling: