Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

strange mouse and keyboard action

• Please log in to reply

richocki

richocki

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
This problem seems to only show up when I am playing a game....
At times while playing Battlefield 1942 I lose control of my man. He will
turn this way and that way on his own. I control the facing of the guy with
my mouse. He will also keep moving when I take my hand off the forward or
back key. This happens if I am driving vehicles or a boat also. I do not see
anything out of the ordinary when I am not playing a game. I saw this problem
while playing Hunting Unlimited also. It doesn't do it all the time but enough to
make it annoying. Any ideas?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
the mouse issue is common for cheap/inexpensive mice. This includes most mice that are shipped with pc's now days. This is due to the optical sensor is slow and not able to keep up with your movements.

Try cleaning out the keys on your keyboard. Sounds like you might have a stuck key. If you have access to another keyboard, try it and see what happens.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
No on both solutions. The mouse is not cheap nor is it optical and I tried a different keyboard.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
You could check to see if there are driver updates. I see from you profile that your system board uses the nforce 2 chipset.

Version: 5.10
Release Date: September 17, 2004

these are the most recent drivers for your system board.

What are you using for a mouse and keyboard?

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I have a PS2 compatable mouse and a USB key board. I also have the other type of key board plugged in. Not sure what it is called. It has the small round plug much like the PS2 mouse plug. The 2 key boards have been plugged in for over a year so I don't think that is the problem. I can not enter Safe Mode using the USB board because the computer is not reading the USB at that phase of the boot up.

I do not know how to check the nvidia2 chipset date or version. I have Everest Ultimate on my computer but I don't see where I would get that information.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
honestly, it sounds like you have a hardware problem with your usb.

to update your drivers, just go to http://nvidia.com. Go to the drivers section. Select nforce 1/2 and download the driver.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
guess it won't hurt to up date a driver. Thanks for the link.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Before I got around to updating the nvidia2 drivers I went on line (yesterday) and played BF2 and had no problem with the key board or mouse --- but today I noticed the mouse had a little control problem. I am going to wait and see if it gets bad again before I do anything.