Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual PC 2007

• Please log in to reply

Parlek

Parlek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm trying to setup Virtual PC 2007 on my PC, I'm running XP prof SP 2and my computer is a AMD 64 +3500 with two gigs of ram, so it meets the system requirements.

When I launch Virtual PC I get the following error.

Virtual PC could not open the Virtual Machine Network Services driver.

Access to the external network and host will be unavailable to all virtual machines using virtual networking. Virtual machines using virtual networking will still be able to access other virtual machines using virtual networking.

To fix this problem, re-enable the Virtual Machine Network Services driver on one or more ethernet adapters or reinstall Virtual PC.

I've unistalled the virtual service rebooted my Pc and reinstalled it (this met with the same error message).

I've unistalled Virtual PC 2007 Rebooted my PC and reinstalled it (See above).

I don't have a NIC on my home PC and use a ADSL Modem to connect to the InterNet (Sagem 800).

I've tried to google a fix but it's the same as above, uninstall reboot reinstall.

Any other ideas

Regards

Parlek.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you don't have a nic installed, this is the error you will get. It doesn't see the modem as a "network" connection.

Parlek

Parlek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Cheers, I'll dig out an old NIC and take it from there.

Regards

Parlek