Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Upgrade

• Please log in to reply

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

305 :whistling:
Yes thats the PSU.
I'd stick to what I have already recommended, thing is you may have to wait another 2 weeks before we see it anywhere. I have never heard of a 305W PSU.
James

dells, hps, etc almost always have under powered psu's, our 2ghz amd hp in the other room has a 135w

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I knew they were underpowered, but never would have dreamed that much so.
James

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
:whistling:

305 :blink:
Yes thats the PSU.
I'd stick to what I have already recommended, thing is you may have to wait another 2 weeks before we see it anywhere. I have never heard of a 305W PSU.
James

That probably because there's no such thing as a 305W PSU.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
It's dell, you just never know.

Ben Garman

Ben Garman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Is it really terrible? Does that affect the speed of my computer generally? Is it possible to upgrade that if it is an issue? I'll wait a and see the new GPU all the same though if it is going to be better than my current card.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
It doesn't affect your speed, just the upgradablity path, but thats to be expected from Dell or any other computer manufacturer. Cutting back on the PSU is just as simple way to cut back on costs, since it won't affect most people, unless you upgrade. I believe Dell power supply have different physical dimensions, forcing you to remain with a Dell PSU.
James

Edited by james_8970, 08 May 2007 - 07:47 AM.