Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox Webpage Loading Problem

• Please log in to reply

getsgo83

getsgo83

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I've been running Firefox on two separate Dell computers; a D600 Latitude and a Dimension 4500. Lately both computers have been running into problems loading certain websites correctly (menus are incomplete or missing, links and pictures are displaced, etc). Two of these websites are www.mnsu.edu and www.facebook.com. I use both of these quite frequently and because of this problem, the usability of both sites has significantly decreased; in fact, I can't even access my campus email without using Internet Explorer because the link is missing. Please help!!! Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

-getsgo83

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi getsg083!

Go to one of those websites, and when it finishes loading, hit CTRL+F5 to do what is referred to as a HARD RESET. This will load every piece of the webpage and download it to your computer. This should solve your problem. :whistling:

Fenor

getsgo83

getsgo83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Wow, I didn't think it would be that easy!

Thank you much!!

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Your welcome. Glad I could help! :whistling:

Fenor

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
wow....i didnt know this!! im gonna use this tip as well!!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
That was brilliant, Fenor. Sites in foreign languages are having so many problems on Firefox that I practically stopped using it. I looked for solution but couldn't get any. I'll give it another chance.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
:) Doesn't work with SeaMonkey, rats :)