Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Supreme Commander lag

• Please log in to reply

I3east

I3east

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I Got Supreme commander to play online with my friends but the game starts to seriously lag as the size of our armies increase. I tried bumping up my Ram speed and then stuck in a second MSI NVIDIA 7800GTX video card (which I was gonna do anyway) and I still have the same problems even though everything is enabled. I'm not sure what would help out or if anything WOULD. I even put all the graphic settings down to minimum. any help would be appreciated. my system specs are:

MSI NEO4 platinum motherboard
939 socket AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 processor
2 gig DDR400 ram
300gig harddrive (7400)
daul Nvidia 7800GTX video cards (256 MB each)
Windows XP home OS

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
if this problem only occurs online in supcom (and not any other game), it is probably due to one of your friend's computers not being powerful enough to keep up with the settings they chose. Ask them to turn their settings down to minimum, and see if that helps.

if it occurs in other online games, it could be a problem with your internet connection.

if it occurs both online and offline, then it could be due to your processor. Supcom really recommends a dual-core processor when lots of units start showing up.

I3east

I3east

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
okay but say I put in a dual core processor. I've heard windows XP isn't designed to use dual cores the way they are meant to be, would I still have better performance, and would it improve the performance of Supreme commander but lower the performance of games that don't recommend dual cores? like say World of Warcraft or Battlefield 2?

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Soething tells me that your pings are pretty high.

I3east

I3east

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I checked on those and it stays pretty solid at mid 40's