Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SCAN DISK

• Please log in to reply

deb306

deb306

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I was downloading a game and after the download, was trying to open it, and my PC froze up. Had to do a hard shut-down and did a Scan Disk in safe mode, this is the message I got 5 times during that one scan:

The C:\Program Files\Java\jre 15.0_03\bin folder contains incorrect information about jsound.dll. This file or folder's last-accessed date is invalid or is in the future. This may be because your PC's clock is set incorrectly. Scan Disk repairs future dates by changing them to "unknown". Scan Disk repairs out-of-range dates by changing them to the nearest setting within the valid range.

Also, I have 3 different programs running on my system, Spybot, Ad-Aware and AVG. I usually run these programs in safe mode, is that a good idea to do so or should I run on my desktop ???

After Spybot finds anything on my pc, I do a immunization and this is what I always get: 1893 bad products already blocked, 2688 additional protections possible. Please immunize. The numbers are always the same, they never changed, am I immunizing it right.

Thank U for your help !!!!

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Where did you download your game from?

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
on spybot when it comes up with 1893 bad products already blocked, 2688 additional protections possible you have to click immunize at the top of the page again
where did you get the game from

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
First take a look at this screen shot of spybot immunize:

Posted Image

Open spybot, click on immunize (left hand bar) and then click on immunize at the top. Immunization simply blocks known bad url's by adding them to internet explorer's restricted settings.

If you take a look at this screen shot:
Posted Image

Click on Search and Destroy (left hand pane). Then click on check for problems. This will scan your disk for potential infections.

Please not that these both require you to initiate the tasks, they do not start on their own. Spybot is a passive protection system requiring you to initiate the scans, immunizations, and updates. They do not happen automatically.

If you do an immunize and it still shows that nothing was immunized the next time you run spybot, then you will need to uninstall spybot and then reinstall. Once reinstalled please run update. Following the update please run the immunization. This should resolve the issue.

As to the scandisk issue. Please go to add/remove programs. Look for Sun Java. Uninstall. Reboot your pc. Go to http://java.com and install Java. This should resolve the issue with java. If you would like, you can run another scandisk after uninstalling java, just to be sure everything is ok.

deb306

deb306

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thanks guys for your help. I've been running Spybot right, that's good to know. Only because the numbers never change after I immunize, was just wondering if I was missing something, thank you for clarifying that.