Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Make Windows Read Chinese characters?

• Please log in to reply

Tsuki

Tsuki

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm playing a game called Holy beast Online, which is written in traditional chinese. In-game, however, I can't see the chinese words, instead I get some annoying gibberish (eg: A@££¢¢¢¤¢¤¢¬¤¬¤o¤¬¢²³³¼). What should I install in order to see the chinese words in-game?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Tsuki!

Go to START-->CONTROL PANEL. The Control Panel will open. Now double-click on REGIONAL AND LANGUAGE OPTIONS. Once that window appears, click on the ADVANCED tab and then select CHINESE from the list. You will need your XP CD if you haven't added Asian text support before.

Fenor

Tsuki

Tsuki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't have my system disk anymore, someone else installed windows on my computer.
I tried downloading the IME global for chinese traditional but it says I don't have the good version of windows, yet I made sure to choose the windows Xp version, and I have windows xp.
Any solutions? =(

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
There is nothing you can do if you don't have the Windows XP CD for your computer. I suggest you see if you can borrow one from a friend/family member or call the person who installed Windows on your computer and get the CD from him/her.

Fenor