Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD2 - "Please insert the correct CD/DVD-ROM"

• Please log in to reply

DentSim

DentSim

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Just upgraded to Vista, and having trouble with COD2. I installed the latest patch and flash 9, which got the multiplayer version to work. But when I try the single player, I get an error message saying "Please insert the correct CD/DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application" Obviously the correct CD is in the drive (as the multiplayer version works). Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Advertisements

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
wow im having the exact same problem but without upgrading 2 vista. on my call of duty 2 the multiplayer works just fine, but when i try 2 play the single playey i get rhe same error message as DentSim. plz i really need help!!!

Slikkie

Slikkie

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
removed bad advice

Edited by starjax, 20 May 2007 - 11:24 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
right click on the CoD2 icon (the multiplayer one) and click properties then click Compatibility and the check the box at the bottom: Run this program as an administrator then apply that should do the trick.

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
wait a sec, starjax, i should click properties on multiplayer?(cause multiplayer works just fine, its the single player im having problems with. and when i go to properties on multiplayer and check the compatabilty box the only choices there are:Windows 95, Windows 98/Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5), and Windows 2000. There is no "run this program as an administrator". I dont know what to do!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
those instructions are for vista.

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
but i dont have vista. i have windows XP. can u plz gelp me im really deperate. i tried switching the dma settings but either i did somin wrong or maybe thats not the problem so in the end i just set them as i had b4. can u plz give me more suggestions plz.

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
ye i did some researching and i tried some stuff so ima give u the results of my research with the reccomendations i found but some didnt work for me, some i just didnt try yet. but plz people i really need help!!! I dont know what to do??? anywayz here r the sites, and plz look at them and tell me what I should try doiing:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228985

and ll give more later...

DentSim

DentSim

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
StarJax - Thanks for posting, but I've already tried the run as administrater and didn't help. Any other suggestions?

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
wow, it seems that nobody has the answer to this problem!Other people suggest to try downloading some patches for Call of Duty 2. So we could all try that. but i still am looking for proffesional advice, plz help somebody!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you have Sonic DLA or Roxio DLA installed (found under add/remove programs) or any cd/dvd emulation software then you should uninstall it.

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
what are some kinds of emulation software??? If you mean like Daemon Tools then I dont have that installed on my computer

Nagesh

Nagesh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
COD2 - "Please insert the correct CD/DVD-ROM"

You can fix this problem by just replacing a file from the game DVD.

Copy CoD2SP_s.exe from the DVD (1.67 mb file )
Replaced the file in the following location : ( where ever you have the
game installed ).

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\

( Here the CoD2SP_s.exe file will be of 2.99 mb, rename it or delete it )

Vinny2

Vinny2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
thanks nagesh...it worked..

Kim Cruz

Kim Cruz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
nagesh is that the CoD2SP_s in the deviance ? where can i find that file pls help me.. the only CoD2SP_s.exe is in the deviance but that file is (1,712kb) where is the file containing 2.99 mb?