Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Word 2002 freezes and needs to close

• Please log in to reply

twk49

twk49

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you in advance.

I am having a problem with MS Word 2002.

It frezes and comes up with a box that says " Mircosoft word has encounted a problem and needs to close"

It happens when I hit enter or I also think when it tries to do a spelling or grammer check.

I tried unistalling and reinstalling Word with no change.

I tried everything on Linda's Computor Stop page on troublshooting Word and non of it helped.
When I tried to use the repair in help in Word I got a box saying msiexec.exe has encountered a prolblem and needs to close.

Also when I tried to use outlook express and do a spelling check it came up with box that says "Outlook express has incountered a problem and needs to close" then another box came up that says "Drwatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I had a problem with Windows XP and internet exployer that someone helped me out with here at Geeks To Go. I think all these problems started at the sametime and I didn't know about this one then. I guessing there are more when I am able to check it all out when we get word and outlook express going.

If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks

Advertisements