Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Broadband failed - cannot detect router

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi All

Im currently using my nephews laptop as I cannot get my wireless boradband to connect on my own. It started to fail last Thursday, but sometimes worked after I looged off an on again. I thought it might be because of a tree in line of sight, but no, my nephews laptop picks it up so that is ruled out.

I cannot even get the wireless icon, so its not even picking up the router.

I did change my hard drive a couple of months ago but it worked ok till last week. My provider says there was no setup in the laptop as such, it should just pick it up.

Its a new (6 months old) laptop. I bought it from another nephew in a computer store where he works. All he can offer is to get it looked at under warranty, but it will have to be sent from here (Ireland) back to HP in the UK. I really would prefer not to. He said if the card is gone they'll just replace the motherboard!

Is there anything you could suggest he might look for when he has a look at it tomorrow for me?

Thanks

h

Advertisements