Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC LOCKS UP

• Please log in to reply

deb306

deb306

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Even after I did a Quice Restore, the problem I am going to talk about still exit. I just dont understand. I am will try to explain this the best way I can, please bear with me.

For a week or so, I would download games from different web sites called Mystery Case Files - Prime Suspect and all of those games that fall under the MCF series, I think it's about 5 or 6 of them. I would play the game for the 60 mins given me and then would be asked to purchase the game, and instead of doing that, for the week, I would uninstall it, go to the next site re-download the game, play it uninstall it. During one of the downloads from one of the web sites and I can not tell you which site it was, this site took control of my IE and I heard this sound coming from my CPU. The only way I can explain that sound is, a lite explosion, it's a sound it makes and then my PC totally freezes or locks up, it really does not matter what I'm doing. I always know when something is going on in my Tower, 1) because I can hear something is going on, and 2) the little light that lights up next to my shut off switch and when this happens, instead of the light going off because the function has taken place, that light stays on because it just locked up my PC. By-the-way, it's like a surge of energy going thru the CPU before it freezes or locks up, I'm not saying that's what it is, but that's the only way I can explain it. It's almost like, this computer has a mind of it's own.

I have literally been on my PC all night trying to get things back to normal, it has been a nightmare to say the least. The only reason I am able to make this post, because my PC is letting me.

What I have noticed in this whole process is,

1) I can NOT reboot my system, CTRL + ALT + Delete twice;

2) I can not download anything

3) It freezes or locks up when trying to do a SCAN disk, Fdisk, downloads, while Windows is trying to load even in Safe mode or I dont have to be doing anything. I have had some problems with my PC, but nothing on this order before.

4) The 1st time I had to do a hard shut down, when I came back up on my PC, it immediately took me to SCAN disk and during that scan in safe mode, this message came up 5 times during that scan:

The C:\Program Files\Java\jre 15.0_03\bin folder contains incorrect information about jsound.dll. This file or folder's last-accessed date is invalid or is in the future. This may be because your PC's clock is set incorrectly. Scan Disk repairs future dates by changing them to "unknown". Scan Disk repairs out-of-range dates by changing them to the nearest setting within the valid range.

After that maybe an hour or two, the sound came back up and it lock up again. I tried and retried all night to get back up on my PC and sometimes I did get back, but it would lock up again,. Finally I had to do a Quick Restore. The QR would not work so I did the Fdisk, and I gotta tell you, I had NO idea what I was doing. All I know is, I had to delete all the PARTITIONS and reload them .... that's all I know that I did. After that, I started the QR and here I am.

I don't want to for get this, during that last SCAN disk, one of the prompts that came up said that SCAN could not WRITE to the "C" drive.

On April 28th I posted that I had found a TROJAN and up to this point NO one has answered that post, so I thought that after all that had taken place, that Trojan is causing all of this problem. Another thing that came to me was that my HARD drive was going or has gone bad, another thing I thought was, my Operating is corrupt that too is going bad. I don't know, that's why I here. One more thing, and I know this will sound crazy, but after I have to do the hard shut down, the amount of minutes that I let the PC stay off, is how long it is before that sound comes and then I lock up.

Will someone please help me so I can find out what to do next.

Thank you !!!
:whistling:

Edited by deb306, 07 May 2007 - 06:37 AM.

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi deb306.. Here is a good place to start,
Please go to malware forum and follow the instructions at the top
Specially the CLICK HERE.
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of
all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having
difficulty and you may not be
Then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
Click Here before posting a Hijack This log.
http://geekstogo.com...o_Here-f37.html

Please be patient it may take some time before one of the
experts can address you problem.

deb306

deb306

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Dwight, thank you so much ... Question, on my PC I was running Spybot, Ad-Aware and AVG. Whatever the problem is, I dont know if any of these can help. As I said I can't download anything. What I'm going to do is try and redownload Ad-Aware and see how far I get in that process. At the top of the page on the Malware forum, all I see are Spyware removers, is that what your saying I should do ??? :whistling:

Edited by deb306, 07 May 2007 - 11:34 AM.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Yes, they like for you t run a few good anti-spyware programs before posting a log. Like Dwight said those scans will remove most malware but in some cases not everything. In some very rare cases they may reccommend a reformat and reinstallation of Windows.

Edited by Titan8990, 07 May 2007 - 02:29 PM.

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi deb306. If you can't down load mybe you have a firend that
can down load it for you and burn it to a CD. Hope that helps.

Dwight :whistling:

deb306

deb306

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Dwight

I've got a new problem, as soon as I come back up on my desktop I get this message: Stmgr has caused an error in WINTRUST.DLL what does this mean. It's like things just popping up all over the place now.

Will my AVG help stop some of these things I'm experiencing. And if not, which program do you recommmend me to download, just in case I can !!! I was just reading about RegCure, is that a good program to help me in restoring my PC ???

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Just like I said in my first post to you, You need to go to Malware just click here

http://geekstogo.com...o_Here-f37.html

One of geeks experts will help you in that form. That all I can tell you, you need to
do that first........................

Dwight