Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is there a way to check an entire siter for virus?

• Please log in to reply

mequestion

mequestion

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi,

This may sound silly, but I use a news group chatboard, whatever, and we have had a *few folks now say that when they visit, or try to, they get shut down, then their computers get messed up.

I myself have gotten some bugs very recently, although I cannot point to that site for them. (which is odd, because I am on Firefox, and always leave scripts off unless and until needed, have hosts file, anti-virus, resident anti-spyware programs etc, never had any problems like the ones in the last week or so.

This is a news group with some very heated topics, and so-called "trolls" who have played or resorted to different tricks before, BTW.

Is there some way to test the entire site, or anything to look for at the site?

Have tried SiteAdvisor, it does not even show there.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Usually a visitor to a site has to "do" something to get infected by a malicious site. If your security protocol is tight, and you aren't clicking downloads or exe files, you probably have nothing to worry about. I would report any threats like that to the admin at the news group. Most of the time, people who fancy themselves super hackers are all talk. What would be truly scary is if the security and malware team here at G2G would go rogue. They could probably collectively crash the Internet. :whistling:
Johanna
Send me a link in a PM and I'll check out the site for you.