Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why is my subwoofer playing Italian radio?

• Please log in to reply

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
This is a strange one. An Italian radio station appears to be playing from my subwoofer extremely faintly. I noticed it when my PC was on standby and everything was quiet. I have a Sony 2.1 speaker system connected to my PC, and for some reason, only my subwoofer (not the treble speakers) is playing this radio. Where is it coming from? I noticed that it does not play when I disconnect my speakers from the audio output in the back of my PC, but I have no TV/radio cards in my PC at all. It seems a bit weird, has anyone else ever seen anything like this?

I have discovered that it ONLY plays when my PC is on standby - it is definitely not there when the PC is "on".

Edited by Fenor, 07 May 2007 - 02:34 PM.

Advertisements

kewlnsol

kewlnsol

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
What you need to make you own radio reciever realy is

Small power input
Antenna (powered)
Speaker to play thru

You pc standby pushes bout 5v or summat similar
your speakers act as the antenna powered by the power thru standby
and your sub is the speaker