Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

file share problems

• Please log in to reply

runner01

runner01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having trouble sharing files on my home wireless network. I am using a Dell Dimension 4500 desktop running Windows XP Home connected to a Toshiba Tecra M2 laptop running Win XP Pro. They are connected through a Linksys WRT54GS router. Both machines are using Zonealarm which I have setup to allow each machine to see the other. I have setup file shares on both machines as well but I am only able to pass files from the desktop to the laptop but not vise versa. When I attempt to access the shared files on the laptop I get this message: ...is not accessible. You might not permission to use this network resource...
I have tried shutting down Zonealarm and my Norton anti virus and still get the same message. When I setup the router I included the laptop's MAC address to allow sharing. I am able to access the internet from the laptop but cannot share files. I have also turned on "allow filesharing" through windows on both machines.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Runner01

MOVED TO NETWORKING FORUM

Edited by Fenor, 07 May 2007 - 07:58 PM.

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
hello runner01 and welcome to G2G,

Please follow this tutorial and post any errors you encounter.