Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a Specific Video Card

• Please log in to reply

ntshclr

ntshclr

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, I'm having trouble finding a video card I need. I've checked online and been to a local computer shop and then Best Buy but no one could help me.

I need an AGP 4x card that will support dual 1920x1200 Dell monitors. Any combo of DVI/VGA is fine. The overall quality isn't very important, as long as it supports the two monitors and won't give me any problems its fine.

I'm also only going to be using this for a few months so I'd like to keep the price around $100 if possible. If its absolutely necessary I'll pay more though.

Can anybody recommend a card with the above specs? Thanks.

Edited by ntshclr, 07 May 2007 - 09:52 PM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Will you be using it for gaming or just traditional uses?
James

ntshclr

ntshclr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I won't be running anything graphic intensive like games or movies. I just need the use of both of my monitors. Thanks.

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
This card should work fine and it's $100 after rebate:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814241040

If you don't feel like bothering with the rebate, then you could pick this one up:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161154

Both have dual DVI ports and should run dual 1920x1200 monitors just fine.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Spend the extra 20$s. The 1650 is a far amount better and will have better quality for video feedback. If you can wait I recommend you do wait for the next generation of cards as they'll have much better video decoding namely for high definition content.
James

Edited by james_8970, 08 May 2007 - 05:01 PM.

ntshclr

ntshclr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks a lot guys. I do need the card ASAP so I'll go ahead and pick up one of the ones you suggested.