Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Buying RAM

• Please log in to reply

BS_1

BS_1

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
hi
im planning on buying Ram for my pc and am not exactly sure what kind my pc would need
all i know is that my pc uses the single knotch ram card. is there just single knotch and double knotch ones or does it go further than that?
also, is ANY single knotch ram card compatible with any computer that fits single knotch RAM discs? and by that i mean Can i just go out and say HEY I WANT 1GIG RAM THANKS, SINGLE KNOTCH

i went to Packard Bell site to see waht Ram my motherboard would need and this is my motherboard:
iMedia M838
which can hold maximum 2gig ram
and this is the ram they suggested for my motherboard: 1GB Packard Bell iMedia/iXtreme PC2700 DDR333 nonECC DIMM
what are some similar ram cards that i can just buy from dick smith that are similar to the one above

thanks

Advertisements

njustice

njustice

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Hi BS_1, you can go to Crucial.com and run their Crucial Memory Advisor™ Tool or the The Crucial System Scanner to see what RAM is needed.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Moving to the system building and upgrading forum.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
PC2700 DDR333 nonECC DIMM-- thats the type you want- just find the appropriate brand (something reliable) and the right price and those are the only specifications