Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Birthday Card

• Please log in to reply

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Hello all:

Well, today is my birthday, so Sunday, I went to my moms to celebrate it. I got this card, and I thought I would share it with all of you:

OUTSIDE

"FOR You SON

Your Birthday Brings back memories of your Childhood Days"

[Picture if young boy pushing wheelbarrow with Teddy Bear and blanket, wearing overalls]

INSIDE

"It's Natural, on your Birthday Son,
to look back and recall
The special happiness
you've brought
since you were very small,
and though the years
bring changes,
there's one thing
they'll never do
And that's to change
the loving pride
in every thought of you.

Happy Brithday
With Love"
------------------------------------------
The irony here is that my mom picked out this card without having her glasses on, and before I read it, she was saying that she just picked up what she thought was a nice card - she was right - It brought tears to my eyes - because how true it IS!

Just thought I'd share :whistling:

Brian

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Happy Birfday, Brian!!!!!!

That is a beautiful card! :whistling:

**Brian**

**Brian**

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Happy Birfday, Brian!!!!!!

That is a beautiful card! :whistling:

Thank You, Kat - I thought it was too! That card made me think of something in my past - when I was born in 1972, with a disability, Mom had no "manual" to tell her how to take care of me. She had to wing it and use her gut - now, there are so many things that are specialized for people in my position that it isn't funny - but my mom taught me the things she thought I would need - I guess I am an old schooler - believeing in what my grandmother and Grandfather taught me - that is "that You can do anything you put your mind to -having a disability dies not mean that you are different, just a special person."

If there is one thing that I like, it is the fact that as you get older, you get to see so many things that make you smile, and realize that you were little once :help: I still cannot believe that I made it though most of my challenges - School, College, life, etc - each day brings a new challenge - which is sometimes made harder by my CP - but I don't let it get me down - someday, I hope to be a dad, but I don't know - I get told all the time that I'd be a great father - but in order for that to happen, i'd probably have to find a computer geek that loves me for what and who I am - they do say that life begins at 40, and I certainly can't say that I have had NO FUN - so I say the heck with that - Life is what you make of it, it's all attitude and you make the best of it - Being an Uncle is *FUN* because I get to spoil my nieces and nephews :blink:

I WILL succeed :help: You only get one shot at life, and I'm gonna make the best of it :)

Brian

**Brian**

**Brian**

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
I just wanted to add that for my birthday, I got some new shirts, some towels and washclothes, and a new blanket for my bed. My Mom says that they will also get me the ceiling fan that I asked for (I asked for 2 because my apartment is so big) so my Dad will get me the other.

My gift to myself was a Seagate 160 GB USB 2.0 External Drive - I need the space if I am gonna keep doing the tech calls I make - and it will make it easier to service computers if I have my tools on a removable drive :help: I also gor me a nice CHOCOLATE SHAKE twice this week :whistling:

Tomorrow, get to celebrate with Dad and stepmom Carolyn and my brothers Nate and James :) James will be 23 on May 16 and Nate has his birthday at the end of the month - pretty cool :blink:

Take Care all :help:

Brian

friedmotherboard

friedmotherboard

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi Brian and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! :blink:

I am a new member to this site and normally wouldn't respond to postings but yours was so touching that I couldn't resist! Your family sounds really awesome and it sounds like they are really lucky to have such a wonderful son, brother and uncle in you.

I'm glad your birthday was a great day for you and I wish you many, many more! :whistling:

If you're still looking for children I have 2 that I can give you, no strings attached (no take backs!) :help:

Take care and again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy